Sunday, June 12, 2005

Parineeta - A good movie to watch

Just saw Parineeta today... Actually, I was in the mood for "D" but my mom wanted to see Parineeta. The storyline is very taut. The cinematography and picturization is really great. Hats off to Vidya Balan and Saif for putting a lot of soul into their respective characters. Sanjay Dutt was also natural in his (Un-Bhai-log like) role. Dia Mirza stood out like a sore thumb (a cute sore thumb I should say :-)). She was like a very expensive tie on a kurta - good in as of itself but totally out of place.

The only thing I found mildly irritating was the "Bring the Berlin Wall down" routine. Don't get me wrong. The symbolism wasn't lost on me. Probably, its just the pragmatism of the Virgo in me. If the love of my life was on her way to London in a jiffy, I would rather walk through the gate to the other side of the wall rather than try to bore a hole in the wall. Definitely sensational and a story you could tell your grandkids. Not to mention proving a point to a stiff Dad and getting moral support from all and sundry (especially those who need this moment to raise their banner of revolt). It would have been more practical for Saif to shout out to Vidya to chill for a moment and then get back to proving his point via the wall route.

Barring that minor point :-), a good movie to watch.

No comments: